Junior 3D Animator (div/f/m)
Position can start as early as March 1st 2021.
You are a highly motivated animator, who wants to breathe life into our characters. Your goal is to connect the player to the characters through juicy gameplay animations. You love to tell a story and put a lot of personality into how the characters move and behave. You are also interested in Rigging, Skinning and the technical aspects of bringing a video game character to life.
Our next game Codename Süßkartoffel will be another RTT, much like Shadow Tactics and Desperados III. That being said, there’ll be exciting new challenges in all fields of development and design.
What we offer
We at Mimimi are welcoming everyone! Therefore, we don’t differentiate between applicants. We consider qualified applicants for employment at Mimimi Games without any regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
On top, we are offering a lot of benefits, which you can read about here:
You will …
- Utilize both hand key animation and motion capture data to
- Create expressive character animations
- Create gameplay relevant animations, e.g. movement, skills, world interactions
- Create believable and high-quality animations for animals
- Clean up and implement Mocap-Files into the game engine (Unity)
- Prepare cutscenes for Motion Capture Sessions
- Cutscene Rehearsal – discuss cutscenes with story department
- Make simple animation blocking of cutscenes including camera shots
- Work with the Head of Art and Lead Animator to maintain consistent look and feel
- Work with the team to utilize animations within the game in the best possible way
- Skills in Animation – you will use Blender at Mimimi, but if your skills currently are in Maya or similar tools, that’s also fine
- Willingness to also help with Rigging, Skinning
- Ability to independently gather and understand feedback
- Ability to work based on video and photo references, concept art and your own creativity
- Flexibility to adapt asset creation to any art style
- Motivation to learn new skills, techniques and applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment
- Fluent German
Other pluses: Degree in Graphics Design, Computer Animation or equivalent. Basic knowledge of Unity 3D. Scribbling storyboards. Basic knowledge of texturing, modeling.
If you’re interested in this position, please send us your application in German, including your cover letter, resume and portfolio.