VFX & Tech Artist (m/f)
We are looking for an experienced VFX Artist to support the team in creating the best possible visuals for Desperados III.
At first, this position will be limited to a couple of months (exact length has to be determined with you), which is why we also accept applications from freelancers. If we enjoy working together, we are very interested in adding you as a permanent employee to our team or recommending you within THQ Nordic’s network of studios.
You will …
- Work with Unity 3D’s Shuriken particle system
- Work closely with our existing VFX artist
- Turn ideas into new visual appealing assets that supplement gameplay
- Help iterate on existing effects
- Find a balance between desired aesthetics and technical constraints of the engine
- Strong understanding of animation principles, motion and timing
- Very good knowledge of Unity 3D and Shuriken
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Basic 3D modeling skills
- Basic knowledge of common effect shading techniques & shaders
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to learn new techniques and share knowledge openly
- Fluent in German or English, both verbally and written
- Knowledge of Houdini, especially smoke simulation and/or destructible workflows
- Knowledge of Blender
- Knowledge of Substance Designer
- Basic scripting skills
If you’re interested in this position, please send us your application, including your cover letter, resume and portfolio.